Take soups from starters to the main event with this top recipe. Its hearty, tasty and budget-friendly, too.
The ingredient of Chilli bean soup with corn bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 roasted capsicums*
- 2 small red chillies, seeded, chopped
- 900ml Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 700ml tomato passata
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 415g can red kidney beans, drained, washed
- Sour cream, to serve
- Coriander, to serve
- 150g self-raising flour
- 175g instant polenta
- 100g goats cheese, crumbled
- 310g can creamed corn
- 2 red chillies, seeded, diced
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 175ml buttermilk
- 50g butter, melted
The instruction how to make Chilli bean soup with corn bread
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until soft. Add garlic, capsicum, chilli and cook for 1 minute. Add stock, passata, tomato paste and kidney beans. Stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, then blend in batches.
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- To make the corn bread, sift the flour, polenta and 1 teaspoon of salt in a mixing bowl, add goats cheese, corn, chilli, coriander, honey, buttermilk and butter, and season with black pepper.
- Stir to combine and transfer to a greased 20cm spring-form pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Swirl sour cream into soup and garnish with coriander. Serve with corn bread.
Nutritions of Chilli bean soup with corn breadcalories: 545.876 calories
fatContent: 19 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 71 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 17 grams sugar
proteinContent: 18 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 29 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1294.52 milligrams sodium