This healthy lentil vegetarian soup gets its lovely golden colour from turmeric, which contains curcumin, known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
The ingredient of Turmeric, lentil and lemon soup
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock
- 135g (3/4 cup) French green lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 150g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 100g Coles Chopped Kale
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Turmeric, lentil and lemon soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, lemon rind, turmeric, cinnamon and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add stock, lentils, tomato and 750ml (3 cups) water to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and partially cover. Simmer for 30 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Add the beans and kale to the soup. Stir to combine. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the beans are tender-crisp. Stir in the lemon juice and season with pepper. Stir in the coriander just before serving. Serve topped with a dollop of yoghurt, if you like.
Nutritions of Turmeric, lentil and lemon soupcalories: 197.175 calories
fatContent: 4 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 12 grams protein