Add this spice infused cauliflower soup recipe to your repertoire for a quick, delicious and healthy meal.
The ingredient of Spiced cauliflower soup with yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 desiree potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli
- 1/2 medium cauliflower (see note), trimmed, cut into small florets
- 5 1/2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- naan bread, warmed, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced cauliflower soup with yoghurt
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, potato and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add cauliflower and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in 1/3 cup yoghurt. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until hot (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of remaining yoghurt. Serve with naan bread.
Nutritions of Spiced cauliflower soup with yoghurtcalories: 143.639 calories
fatContent: 7 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 6 grams sugar
proteinContent: 7 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 6 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1371.39 milligrams sodium