Black Velvet Cake.
For this Black Velvet Cake, You need 16 ingredients plus 7 steps. Let’s cook!.
Ingredients of Black Velvet Cake
- It’s of Cake:.
- You need of Ghee, 188g + More For Greasing.
- You need of Guinness Stout,.
- Prepare of Black Cocoa Powder,.
- You need of Demerara Sugar,.
- You need of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- It’s of Sour Cream,.
- You need of Eggs,.
- Prepare of Pure Vanilla Paste,.
- It’s of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- You need of Sea Salt,.
- You need of Frosting:.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese,.
- Prepare of Demerara Sugar Powder,.
- You need of Heavy Whipping Cream,.
- You need of Raw Cacao Powder, For Dusting.
Follow Step by step Below :
- Prepare cake. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Grease cake pan with ghee, lined with parchment paper and grease the paper with some more ghee. In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt ghee..
- It will start "singing". Once the "singing" is subtle, add Guinness stout. *Be careful as it may splash*. It will start to bubble rapidly. Once the bubbling is subtle, add in the cocoa powder and sugar..
- Remove from heat and stir to combine well. Keep stirring until the sugar has melted. In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, egg and vanilla until well combined. Add this mixture into the ghee mixture gradually while still stirring..
- In another bowl, combine flour and salt well. Fold the flour mixture into ghee mixture in 1/3 portions at a time until everything is incorporated well. Transfer the cake batter into the prepared cake pan. Wack into the oven and bake for 40 mins or it pass the skewer test..
- The center will rise and crack despite not adding any leavening agents due to the PH level of black cocoa powder. Set aside to cool down completely. Once the cake is cooled, transfer into a cake stand or a serving plate..
- Prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, add cream cheese. Using a hand or stand mixer, whip until light and fluffy. Add in demerara sugar powder. *To make demerara sugar powder, simply blitz until powder forms in a spice grinder or blender.*.
- Continue whipping until well combined. Add in the whipping cream. Whip until stiff peaks form. Spread this frosting on top of the cake. Lastly, dust with some cocoa powder. Slice and serve warm or chilled..