Chocolate fudge cake.
For this Chocolate fudge cake, You need 13 ingredients plus 5 steps. Good Luck!.
Ingredients of Chocolate fudge cake
- Prepare of sunflower oil, plus extra for the tin.
- Prepare of self-raising flour.
- Prepare of cocoa powder.
- It’s of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need of caster sugar.
- Prepare of golden syrup.
- Prepare of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- Prepare of semi-skimmed milk.
- It’s of For the icing.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- It’s of icing sugar.
- You need of cocoa powder.
- It’s of milk (a little more if needed).
Follow Instructions Below :
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Oil and line the base of two 18cm sandwich tins. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Add the caster sugar and mix well..
- Make a well in the centre and add the golden syrup, eggs, sunflower oil and milk. Beat well with an electric whisk until smooth..
- Pour the mixture into the two tins and bake for 25-30 mins until risen and firm to the touch. Remove from oven, leave to cool for 10 mins before turning out onto a cooling rack..
- To make the icing, beat the unsalted butter in a bowl until soft. Gradually sieve and beat in the icing sugar and cocoa powder, then add enough of the milk to make the icing fluffy and spreadable..
- Sandwich the two cakes together with the butter icing and cover the sides and the top of the cake with more icing..