Soft cake with cheddar and swiss meringue buttercream. Put together flour,milk powder,cornstarch and baking powder sift into a bowl and slowly put into the wet ingredient on low speed until mixed, and lastly. Light and fluffy, Swiss meringue buttercream is perfect for icing cakes and using between cake layers. Made by whipping cooked egg whites, this frosting is sure to take your cakes and cupcakes up a notch!
Cakes refrigerated with Swiss meringue buttercream are far more stable for transportation and for covering with fondant than a cake covered with an American style shortening based buttercream. Also, buttercream acts as an excellent insulator, keeping your cake moist while being refrigerated. When it comes to topping off layer cakes, many of us rely on a classic American buttercream frosting. For this Soft cake with cheddar and swiss meringue buttercream, You need 12 ingredients also 5 steps. Let’s cook!.
Ingredients of Soft cake with cheddar and swiss meringue buttercream
- It’s 6 of egg yolks.
- You need 2 of whole eggs.
- It’s 87 gr of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 45 gr of cake flour.
- Prepare 10 gr of milk powder.
- You need 14 gr of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3 gr of cake leavener (optional).
- It’s 60 gr of melted unsalted butter or margarine.
- It’s of If you are using butter,put a pinch of salt.
- You need of Cheddar cheese for topping.
This frosting is made up of butter, confectioners' sugar and milk and it's a cinch to make. But there are so many delicious frostings out there that it's worth branching out—particularly for a rich Swiss meringue buttercream. Swiss Meringue Buttercream: buttercream that cake professionals use. The butter in the buttercream and the cake will soften as it warms and will seem more moist and much more enjoyable to eat.
Follow Step by step Below :
- Melt the butter/margarine. Set aside and pre heat your oven on 170'c.
- Mix the yolks,eggs,sugar,vanilla extract until soft glossy peak on high speed..
- Put together flour,milk powder,cornstarch and baking powder sift into a bowl and slowly put into the wet ingredient on low speed until mixed, and lastly put the melted butter in and mix until well combine. Do not over mixed..
- Last step pour your cake mixture into 20×20 pan (with baking paper) smooth it out with spatula and lightly drop the pan twice to release air bubbles.Bake in 170'c oven for 30-35 minutes depends on your oven.
- When the cake is baked take it out of the oven and flip the cake on the cooling rack and flip it again. Let it completely cool. After that trim the top of the cake and decor it with buttercream and a lot of shredded cheddar cheese. Enjoy!.
It is not as easy to color as traditional American buttercream. I will share the best way to color SMBC in a later blog post. Vanilla extracted with both water and alcohol, such as Watkins, provides an unusually robust flavor in baked goods. In all methods, meringue is whisked first, then the butter and flavorings are added. In both the Italian and Swiss method, the egg whites are cooked.