This chewy chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is easy to make and a serious crowd pleaser: the perfect treat for book clubs and pitch ins!
This cookie cake recipe was invented out of necessity. You see, Alex and I are in a book club. (This relates, I promise!) It’s a co-ed group that meets monthly to drink wine and discuss a book: and man, has it become the bright spot of our month! We read everything from graphic novels to thrillers to memoirs to YA, from Ta-Nehisi Coates to Gillian Flynn to John Green. And cookie cake: we also have cookie cake to mark the passing of each year. Keep reading for this cookie cake recipe — AND a list of book club recommendations!
Why a homemade chocolate chip cookie cake?
Celebrating with a cookie cake is the tradition of our book club on our “book club birthday.” It was just our fifth anniversary of meeting together, so of course: a cookie cake was in store! This year, I wanted to try to create one at home instead of buying it at the store.
Why make a homemade cookie cake recipe? While many of Alex and my dessert recipes are on the healthier side, take note: this cookie cake recipe does not have a healthy spin! We can’t really say homemade is healthier in this case. BUT, it is 100% more delicious than a store bought cookie cake. (We think, at least!) The dark chocolate chunks and a hint of orange zest make it seriously irresistible: the flavor is oh so real. And the texture: perfectly soft and chewy, just how we like our cookie cakes.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
3/4 cup best quality dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Farenheit. Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and kosher salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or with an electric mixer), cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with paddle attachment for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Add the vanilla, egg, milk, and orange zest and beat for 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture until just combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to press down the dough into the pie pan. Top with the additional 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 to 27 minutes, until the edges are starting to brown and the center has fully firmed up. Cool several hours at room temperature before serving (the cookie cake is much too gooey to cut when it’s first baked, so the longer you can cool it the better!).
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/chewy-cookie-cake-recipe/