This applesauce cake is light and moist, scented with cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix it up right in the pan: no mixing bowls required!
Want to bake a cake with no effort at all? Try this easy applesauce cake! You don’t even need a bowl: just mix it up right in the pan! It sounds too good to be true: but we promise, it’s very real. And it turns into one of the most delicious cakes you’ll eat. Moist and scented with cinnamon, it’s perfectly fluffy and a little gooey. It’s got a healthy spin with olive oil and Greek yogurt, and instead of icing there’s a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
OK, I’m going to be honest. First of all: I’m not a cake person. (Gasp, I know!) Second: Alex and I had never eaten an applesauce cake before this recipe (Double gasp!). Somehow we went our entire lives without tasting it. How did we not know this was a thing? Here are all the reasons to make this specific applesauce cake recipe:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup firmly packed cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or homemade applesauce)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Put the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the baking pan. Use a fork to thoroughly mix the ingredients together.
- Use your hands to make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients. Into the hole, crack the egg and add the olive oil, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla. Use a fork to mix the ingredients together until smooth and blended. Smooth the top of the batter with the side of a butter knife.
- Bake until the cake is fairly firm when you press lightly at its center and a toothpick inserted in the middle has no wet batter sticking to it, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the counter to cool completely, 1 hour. Leave the cake in the pan. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into pieces and use a small spatula to lift them from the pan.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/no-bowl-applesauce-cake/