This vegan chocolate pudding is so rich and chocolaty, no one will know its dairy free! Cocoa powder and oat milk combine into a decadent dessert.
Bookmark this recipe stat. This vegan chocolate pudding is so creamy and rich, you’ll think it’s the real thing! The flavor is pure rich chocolate, and it gives you all those nostalgic Snack Pack-style vibes. (It did for us, at least.) The best part: there are no weird “tricks” to this dairy free chocolate pudding. Ever made pudding with avocado or tofu and while it’s good, deep down part of your brain is not quite convinced? This one tastes like the real thing — and it’s made with real ingredients, just like a traditional pudding.
The method for making this vegan chocolate pudding is the same as a traditional chocolate pudding! You’ll whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and milk until thickened, then remove from the heat and add chocolate.
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
1/3 cup granulated sugar (or coconut sugar)
1 pinch salt
2 1/2 cups plain oat milk or almond milk (unflavored and unsweetened)
3 ounces (1/2) cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan with the heat off, thoroughly whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and salt, working to remove all lumps. Gradually pour in the milk in small amounts, whisking after each addition until it is smooth.
- Turn the heat to medium and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Once it just starts to bubble on the edges, reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 2 minutes (make sure to stir into the edges of the pan so it doesn’t stick). The pudding will continue to thicken and set as it cools, so it doesn’t need to be fully thick at this point.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring until fully melted.
- Transfer to a container and press plastic wrap or wax paper on the surface (this prevents a film from forming on the top). Refrigerate 2 hours until cold and set. Keeps for 1 week in the refrigerator.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/vegan-chocolate-pudding/