Grilled bananas is a dessert everyone will rave about! Flavored with maple, cinnamon and nutmeg, they’re even better topped with ice cream.
Got a grill? Then you absolutely must try the revelation that is grilled bananas! This grilled spin on the flavors of bananas foster is the perfect end to a dinner on the patio. Grill up some burgers or veggies, then throw on these bananas and you’ve got dessert waiting for you. Each tender bite is flavored with maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. It’s made even more perfect with a little melty vanilla ice cream: restaurant quality with very little effort! Alex and I were skeptical at first of this idea, but at first bite we were sold.
There’s only a handful of ingredients you need for big flavor here! This grilled dessert is naturally sweet using pure maple syrup to make a sweetly spiced sauce.
Tips on how to grill bananas
Once you’ve cut your bananas, keeping them in the peel, you’re ready to grill! All you need to know at this point is the grill temperature and approximate timing. Memorize that and then make them on repeat all summer! Here’s what you need to know (or jump right to the recipe):
4 bananas, ripe but still firm
1/4 cup pure maple syrup*
1 tablespoon neutral oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- For serving: vanilla ice cream (vegan as necessary), chopped toasted pecans or glazed pecans
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a small bowl, stir the maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Leaving the peel on, slice off the stem of the banana peel. Then slice the banana in half lengthwise.
- Brush the cut side of the bananas with 1/2 of the maple syrup mixture.
- Grill cut side down for 3 to 4 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
- To serve, scoop the bananas out of their peels with a spoon. Stir the maple mixture, then drizzle it over the tops. Serve with ice cream and chopped pecans.
*Step up the flavors and add 1 tablespoon rum to the mix as well!
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/grilled-bananas-a-la-mode/